Preparing for the 21st Century STEM Careers
In order to provide qualified workers for careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Wallingford Adult Education is ready to strengthen existing basic skills programs by adding this needed workforce preparation component.
The sessions are for diploma preparation students and students in the Advanced ESL level.
- Basic skills instruction of reading, writing and math
- Develop “soft skills” such as understanding of ethics, team-work, and critical thinking skills.
- Individual career and education plan/profile.
- Potential employment opportunities and education training programs.
- Job shadowing opportunities and/or pre-apprenticeships.
Class days and times to be announced.