Middlesex Community College and Academic Coaching
For individuals admitted to Middlesex Community College (MxCC), a unique 1-on-1 service is available that helps students examine their academic concerns and perceived barriers to success. Wallingford Adult Education teachers collaborate in the MxCC Academic Coaching project that offers individual semester-long support, helping students assess their strengths and needs, and focus on reaching their academic potential.
- Set short- and long-term goals, while developing the skills needed to achieve those goals.
- Review strategies for success and persistence (goal setting, time management, study strategies, etc.).
- Form action plans to complete coursework and the semester.
- Tutor in Math (MAT 095) or English (ENG096, ENG093, ENG101-099A ALP, ENG101E, ENG101).
- Provide regular follow up with students.
For more information about eligibility and opportunities, contact Donna Bontatibus at Middlesex Community College 860-343-5802 or Wallingford Adult Education at 203-294-3900.
This program is supported by the Connecticut Department of Higher Education and Middlesex Community College.