The information below applies to enrichment and general interest classes.
Registration can be done in-person or by mail.
- Weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm at the Adult Education office located at Sheehan High School (phone: 203-294-5932), OR
- Weekdays from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm at the Learning Center located at the historic Wallingford Railroad Station (phone: 203-294-3900)
Register by mail:
- Use a separate registration for each student, even if you are registering together with your spouse or friends.
- You may register for up to four courses per registration form. If you are signing up for more than four courses, attach a second form.
- Photocopying the registration form is okay.
Download Blank Registration Form
Payment can be made by check or money order. A separate check or money order for each class is required. Make checks payable to Wallingford Adult Education.
A course confirmation sheet will be emailed to you. This lists the room numbers of your class and any materials you should bring with you or need to purchase. In some cases, the instructor will purchase supplies and request a supply fee.
Cut-off Dates for Course Registrations
Cut-off date is one week prior to the date the class is scheduled to begin, OR two weeks prior to the start date if the course requires you to purchase a textbook.
Consumable Supply Fees
Please DO NOT include the consumable supply fee with your registration payment. Supply fees are payable on the first day of class to the instructor.
Who Can Register?
Anyone age 17 or over. All registrations are processed in the order in which they are received. Exceptions to the age requirement are found in some courses. Registrations from Wallingford residents are processed before registration for non-residents opens.
Registering for Courses with Different Start Dates
If you want to register for more than one course, you may send all registrations and payments in together. However, we must receive the registrations one week prior to the date of the first class.
Nothing cancels a good class quicker than everyone waiting until the last minute to register. If there are not enough registrations the week before the class begins, the course may be canceled. Calling on the day of the course will not resurrect it, so please register early!